Five ways to create a dreamy hygge bedroom
When it comes to this time of year we get the urge to embrace hygge into our lives - that Scandinavian concept of bringing cosiness, wellness and contentment into our lives and homes.
here are 5 ways you can bring hygge into your bedroom!
1. Use natural materials and fibres - think rattan, linen, cotton. This rattan headboard is the perfect backdrop to our woven cotton cushions.
2. Hygge is all about comfort, warmth and cosiness. Layer up the bed with super soft textiles, cosy blankets and cushions.
3. Add soft mood lighting with table lamps instead of harsh overhead lighting.
4. Decorate with earthy raw materials such as old terracotta vases, raw wood and vintage clay pots.
5. Flickering candlelight is an instant mood-enhancer and has a calming soothing effect on our minds. You could adapt a new night-time ritual of meditating with candlelight before sleep for complete relaxation - just be sure to blow out the candle before you fall asleep!
Bonus tip: If you're thinking of giving your bedroom a complete hygge-makeover, use an earthy colour palette of browns and taupes to wrap you up in a big hug as you head for bed. We're currently obsessed with Farrow + Ball's Charleston Gray (which we have on the mood board above) We recommend painting all walls and woodwork ie. skirting, doors etc. (and the ceiling if you're brave enough) for the biggest impact!